We at We’re All About Cats are pleased to announce our very first annual “A Voice for Cats” scholarship contest. The winning essay writer will receive a prize of $1,000. An additional $1,000 will be donated to a rescue organization of the winner’s choosing.
A Voice for Cats
Our online cat community strongly believes in the importance of higher education. By sharing knowledge and information with our followers, we hope to help mitigate animal suffering and improve our pets’ lives. Every article, blog entry, social media post, research project, or essay is a small step towards our goal of better lives for cats.
We invite students to submit their essays on feline welfare and the humane treatment of cats. One outstanding essayist will be selected as the scholarship winner. The winning essay will be published on our blog and accredited to the author.
- All essays must be submitted by June 30th, 2019.
- The student must have a background volunteering or working at an animal rescue organization for at least 20 hours.
- Essay must be 300-500 words.
- The student must be currently enrolled in, or enrolled to begin higher education studies in the fall semester 2019.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of the United States.
- We’re All About Cats will retain all rights to the submitted content and may publish it at its own discretion.
- This is an on-going scholarship. The above deadline refers to the current cycle only.
How To Submit Your Essay
- Please save your essay as a Word document and send it to [email protected]
- Please title your e-mail “2019 Scholarship Submission – Last Name, First Name.”
- Please include a brief (50-100 words) personal bio. This bio will be published on our blog along with the submitted essay.
- Please note that before receiving any scholarship, selected essay writers must provide proof of identification and current residence.
2019 Scholarship Winner Announcement
We’re happy to inform that the winner of this year’s scholarship for best essay is Erin Layton from New Jersey.
Erin’s story touched our hearts, and shows the world that compassion towards animals can go a long way. By spreading the goodness of her heart, Erin was able to save one dear soul, and teach people around her that animal lives can be improved a great deal. We acknowledge her for that, and happily award her with the scholarship prize.
Read Erin’s touching story here.
Sandy Robins is a leading multi-media celebrity pet lifestyle expert and influencer. Sandy discusses the great relationship between us and our cats, while outlining the trends and innovative thoughts as they happen.Sandy has authored 4 cat books including The Original Cat Bible and her award-winning work can be seen on some of the nation’s leading pet platforms such as Today.com, MSNBC.com as well as mainstream sites such as Zillow.com.
Mallory Crusta is a writer and adventurecat enthusiast on a mission to make cats’ lives extraordinary. She’s one of the founders of Wildernesscat – a site for happy, healthy, and adventurous cats who are fueled by nature. Mallory is considered one of the top writers on the subject of catt care and nutrition
Marc Andre is the owner and brain behind Katzenworld. According to Wikipedia. Katzenworld is the UK’s biggest blog platform on the subject of the cats. Marc is considered one of the leading cat bloggers in the global pet community
*2018 Scholarship Winner:
We’re All About Cats is an online feline-friendly community. Our goals are: